Loading and updating inventory is a key process for retailers so they have up-to-date information on the status of products. Logicbroker provides tools to manage the updating of inventory via our Portal, FTP, or other communications.
Inventory that is uploaded into Logicbroker is sent to Kroger's API (this will appear as an Event in the production portal)
Note the below Fields Required for Kroger
- Supplier uploads supplier feed
- Supplier SKU
- UPC -This is the UPC set up between Kroger / 1 World Sync
- Supplier Description
Note: If your UPC has leadings 0's please make sure they are not dropping from the file*
- Once testing is complete please upload your real production file to our production endpoint.
- Kroger then reviews the inventory file and if approved they issue the golden order.
Below is an overview of how to manage and create your inventory feed.
Inventory Feed Page
Click on Products in the left-hand menu, then click on Inventory Feeds.
- Partner. Some vendors may have multiple retailer/partners they work with. This drop-down allows the vendor to toggle between each partner for inventory updates. Each partner may have different inventory templates.
- Feed Information. Date of the last file received and the number of items in that file.
- Upload Files. Where you upload your inventory file (XLSX or CSV). Selecting Resend Items will resend the last file uploaded.
- Download Files. Standard Feed is the Logicbroker standard inventory template. You can use this download as your inventory template, and the download is the full export of inventory data loaded with the most recent updates for each item.
- Merchant Feed and Unmatched Items are only required if directed by Logicbroker or the retailer/partner.
- Events. Events is a full history of all inventory activities, showing all inventory actions taken. The View button allows the user to see the file(s) associated with that specific event. It's useful when looking for historical inventory files as well as a history of who made the update.
Inventory Upload via Portal
If you are uploading your inventory via the Portal, we recommend loading an Excel file (not a CSV file).
1. To get your template, go to the Inventory Feeds page and click on Download XLSX next to Standard Feed (in the Download Files section)
2. Use the downloaded file's headers as your template. The minimum required data for any inventory file is SupplierSKU, UPC, Suppleir Description, and Quantity. However, each retailer/partner may have additional requirements on data provided.
- HINT: It is best practice to provide as much information as possible, since the retailer/partner will often use this data to merchandise the products.
3. After you have entered your inventory information into the template, save it to your desktop or a folder where you will be able to find it. Then in the Portal, on the Inventory Feeds page, navigate to the Upload Files section. From here, you can either drop your file into the box, or click in the box to browse and upload.
- NOTE: There will a box that appears to let you know the file was uploaded (it does not mean the data was validated, just that the file was received).
4. After loading the file, wait a minute for the Events section to update to confirm that your file was successfully received and processed. If there was an error, this section is where you would go to view the details of the error.
- NOTE: To see the exact file that was loaded, click on View and download the file.
Inventory Upload via FTP
For every user login created in the Portal, that user has access to the Logicbroker-hosted FTP site. Your Logicbroker username and password will be used to log into both the Stage and Production FTP sites. The same Standard Feed template used in the Portal can be used as the template for FTP upload.
- Stage Host: vftp-stage.logicbroker.com
- Production Host: vftp.logicbroker.com
- Inventory Directory: /ManagedInventory/126678/Outbound
- EDI 846 Directory: /EDI/Outbound
IMPORTANT: See these two articles for more information on setting up the FTP connection and our standard directory structure.
FTP Connection: https://kroger.logicbroker.com/hc/en-us/articles/360021192792-FTP-Connection
FTP Directories: https://kroger.logicbroker.com/hc/en-us/articles/360021439511-FTP-Directories
Article is closed for comments.